We are looking for a few talented people to join our team. Please email resume and cover letter to us at: sales @ harlemcandlecompany.com
Head of Operations
NYC | Remote | Full Time
Harlem Candle Company is looking for a Head of Operations who will be integral in the operational growth of Harlem Candle Company by leading our operations strategy and day to day execution. In this role, you will own warehousing, fulfillment, logistics, procurement, production, quality, & regulatory. This role reports to the CEO/Founder.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create strategic direction and determine goals for the operational structure & execution at Harlem Candle Co.
- Setup best in class operational practices to enable rapid scaling and growth management, cost optimization, best in class quality, delivery and customer satisfaction - across DTC ecommerce, wholesale / retail partners, and international expansion.
- Oversee and manage all manufacturing/operations functions day to day, including inventory management, supply chain management, and all logistics
- Own and manage our 3PL relationship; ensure partnership is aligned with Harlem Candle strategic goals and 3PL is positioned for success in supporting us in meeting those goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors & suppliers including contract manufacturers and third-party logistics; review contracts and negotiate terms.
- Establish and maintain an impeccable quality assurance approach, process, checks, and controls with all vendors & suppliers
- Develop processes and systems that generate higher operational ROI and workflow optimization as we continue to scale
- Create standard operating procedures and best practices for performance monitoring in order to optimize quality & delivery time
- Set, own & manage the operational budgets
- 5+ years in operations having exposure across all key operational functions with specific experience in contract manufacturing and third-party logistics in the consumer goods industry
- Resourcefulness - You must be resourceful and know how to build relationships that are an integral to the growth of the Harlem Candle Co brand
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A connector; you're able to connect the dots between fulfillment center and manufacturing companies, ensuring everyone is in constant communication, knows the goals, and is inspired to achieve them, together
- You see a challenge as an opportunity, you think outside the box and you flex your resilience muscles
- A track record of generating results that exceed expectations
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Understand how to work with EDI
About Harlem Candle Company
The Harlem Candle Company is a luxury home fragrance brand specializing in scented candles inspired by the richness of Harlem. Founded in 2014 by travel and lifestyle expert Teri Johnson, the Harlem Candle Company is the manifestation of her love affair with fragrance, jazz, and Harlem.
If you’ve read to this point, GREAT! We know some jobs you might look at and think “I’m not fully qualified…” If you’ve done your research and think you’d be incredible in this role even if you don’t check every box, shoot your shot and apply. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Send resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org