The Savoy Ballroom was the soul of Harlem, and kept Lenox Avenue jumping for decades. It was a block long, dripping with glittering crystal chandeliers and an elegant marble staircase, and is known for having birthed the Lindy Hop. The glamour and excitement of nights on that iconic dance floor are beautifully reflected with a luscious overture of blackcurrant, tart mandarin, crisp green apple and juicy pear evolving into a flirtatious floral heart of Lily of the Valley and jasmine petals. Sensual sandalwood and sheer musk bring warmth to perfectly balance this intoxicating blend.
This was my first Harlem Candle Co. purchase. I gifted it to my mother and she absolutely loves it! I can’t wait to try more.
I bought four candles but I've only burnt the "Langston" candle so far. The scent is subtle. It's just what I wanted.
My favorite candle thus far. When my favorite candle from Henry Bendel (FIG) was taken off the market due to the store closing last year I've been on the rebound trying to replace the FIG candle. No the SAVOY doesn't smell like the FIG candle but it's absolutely soothing and I enjoy smelling this aroma throughout my house. I have purchased several other candles but SAVOY is currently the best for me.
Wow! Just Wow!
1. The Burn: 5 stars-I have never had a candle burn completely even and leave no wax around the edge of the container; the double wick is brilliant and essential and I wish more companies would do double wicks like this.
2. Throw: 4-5 stars depending on which candle you burn from the collection. What is really nice though is the depth the scent has and the way the scent envelops a room more than just smacking you in the face; it creates a lovely ambience somehow; quite lovely!
3. The Scent: 4.5 stars; I either like something or I don’t & this I like for creating a calming environment-it feels classy and serene when I burn it. Not a full 5 stars but that’s only because While this one is really good I think I’m loving Ellington even more.
4. Shipping: Lightning fast! Great care was taken in the packaging and all my items arrived in perfect condition.
5. Look/Feel: 5 stars I love the streamline of the vessel and the colors of the glass are bold, deep and rich. Just stunning and understated. I’ll be cleaning them out when I’m done burning to repurpose as planters, cocktail display, etc.
Great value for the cost in my book and definitely on my list of things I will continue to indulge in!!
I will be the first to admit that I can be a bit of a "candle snob", so I was very anxious and excited to try these. I was able to pick up Sugar Hill, Savoy, and Lenox at a small boutique here in Houston. I received Josephine and Speakeasy for my birthday, recently. Last week, I ordered Langston, Ellington, and Dream. Still awaiting those. However, I lit Savoy in my bedroom a few days ago, and to my surprise, there was absolutely no tunneling. It was the most clean and even burn I had ever experienced. Even more so than another high-end candle brand that I also adore. The smell that took over my room was intoxicating, however, I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Not until my teenage daughter entered and said, "Mommy, it smells like Papa in this house".....Papa is my Daddy. The wonderful scent, reminiscent of his cologne, completely took over my home to everyone's delight. I cannot say enough about these candles, other than I am enjoying this experience of being able to try quite a few of their products. I plan to review the others as I try them. You have gained a new customer, that has already begun singing your praises to family and friends. Wishing this amazing company nothing but success!